An important aspect of ADSelfService Plus (password self-service software), Password Expiry Notifier looks up the Active Directory for user accounts whose passwords are about to expire and emails the account owners a notification recommending password change. Not just password expiration date, the end-users can also be notified of their account status. This tool is now 100% FREE allowing you to notify unlimited users in your organization about their password expiry. You can get it from Password Expiration Notifier download link.
- Password expiration notification via email and SMS
- Notify users based on OUs and groups
- Customizable email templates with HTML editing and attachment options
Administrators may very well choose when and how many times to remind the domain users about their expiring passwords, ensuring neither their poor memory nor the habit of postponing things to the last moment comes in the way of restoring the passwords!
More popularly known as “Soon-To-Expire Password/Account Notification”, this feature holds a greater significance, especially, for out-of-premises users such as VPN and Outlook Web Access (OWA) users. Since Windows (Active Directory) has no special arrangement to apprise them of their password or account status, they are stranded whenever their passwords or accounts expire and forced to call the helpdesk.
Features of Password Expiration Notifier:
- Notify unlimited users in your organization about their password expiry with this 100% Free tool
- Automatically notify users via SMS or Email about their impending password expiry
- Password Expiry Notifier can also notify users about their account expiry
- Set up separate password expiration reminder policies for Managers or other officials of higher ranks.
- Set up Group-based and OU-based policies to maintain complete control over to whom and when the expiration notifications are sent
- Not just end-users, but you can also notify managers about the users’ account expiry
- Supports “phased password expiration notification”. This is quite an effective method of provoking users to change passwords before it’s too late
- Customize the password change reminder mails as you desire, such as keeping them a little more imperative when it is really close to password expiration date
- Get prompt reports on the delivery status of password change reminders.
Once downloaded, setup it on a Server as a member of the domain. After setup access to http://yourserverip:8888, account to login user: admin, password: admin
On the top of the right corner click on Domain Settings
Click on Add New Domain to
Need to input your Domain connection
Domain name: Your domain name (FQDN) e.g. example.local
Add Domain Controllers: Your domain controllers
Domain Username & Password: input account have domain rights
Successful to connect to MS Active Directory
To ensure Domain data update to date, click on the Schedule AD Synchronizer on the top of right corner to set Schedule.
Set your Synchronize time
Configure Mail Server for notification
Go to Admin tab > Server Settings under Product Settings > Mail Settings, define your SMTP server then click Save Settings
Go on to the next step, click on to Configuration tab then Add New Notification
In this tutorial, I will select the entire Domain, it also allows you to select a specify OU/Group
Input the Subject and Message that match with your company policy, then Save
Check Reports to see the Notification Delivery status, it also allows the export report to vary format.
The user will be received like this when they account expiring
Setup Schedule for Auto Backup
Hope it helps, thank you for reading.